How do I help people feel better?
People often come to coaching because something is not working or they feel that they want to achieve more with their lives. At the very core, people want to feel better, either about themselves or some aspect of their lives. I do this by:
- Building a relationship with you, listening to what you are saying and exploring how things are for you, as an individual.
- Working with you to gain perspective on the situation, helping you explore it from different angles that you might not have considered so far.
- Having a plan. Often looking at a way forward gives you the energy to move away from the current situation.
- Normalising where you are in your life.
- Working with you to recognise your values. Once you have a clearer understanding of what your values are it gives you a stronger sense of identity. It can also help you see areas of conflict in your life that may be at odds with your values.
- Stretching you to move out of your comfort zone and enabling you to grow in confidence.
- Exploring where your energy is focused right now, and if that is supportive for you.
- Finding ways of having hope, looking at a tangible way forward.
The coaching process is unique to each individual; everyone is at a different point in their lives and/ or career and wants to look at their own specific agenda. I work alongside you to explore your situation, and use the most appropriate coaching approaches and tools to get you the result that you want.
I draw on different psychologically grounded coaching methodologies. These include:
Solution focused methodologies – defining the problem/ situation and then constructing the most appropriate solution via goal setting and focussing on your resources.
Narrative – what story have you created for yourself about the situation and how/ if you want this to continue.
Psychodynamic – what unconscious processes are at play here and how can we bring these to light for you to work on.
Cognitive behavioural – identifying how you think about the problem and reframing this to be more supportive.
Developmental – enabling you to identify and make changes to grow and mature from your current situation.
Cross-cultural – enabling you to engage with change, uncertainty and complication without confusion, whether it is in a multi national organisation, a complexly structured workplace or a new country or culture.
Building on what is working – defining what strategies you have in place that are supportive, and developing and stretching from these.
Our initial session is complimentary. This is for you to explore more about coaching, what it can do for you and to see if we would work well together. During this session we would discuss how often you would like to meet, either in person, via Skype or on the phone. Sessions are generally scheduled weekly or fortnightly, whichever you feel works best in your life.
Please contact me directly for pricing and payment options.