How can a workshop help you and your employees?
We are currently experiencing a time of huge change and uncertainty, both in and out of the workplace. Individuals and teams are navigating the world remotely and working out where and how they fit into this. We are social animals and the need to connect has never been greater. With everything shifting, where we once might have felt secure in how we approach our work, there is now a greater sense of unease. This can have a noticeable impact on morale and productivity.
Anxiety amongst the population is a growing concern. In 2020 1 in 6 people in the UK reported a common mental health problem (such as anxiety or depression). This has an effect on how we work. One of the ways that we can look to address this is via increasing our understanding, both in terms of why this is happening and with practical techniques of how to manage this. The bespoke workshops that I create and deliver will give your staff teams both the knowledge of why they might be feeling anxious (with the neuroscience to back this up) and also include techniques and solutions to manage how they are feeling.
Having worked in the field of mental well-being for over 20 years, both in social care service delivery and as a certified coach, I am uniquely qualified to present workshops that are grounded in experience and understanding.
What do the workshops cover?
Each workshop is tailored specifically for the organisation that it is delivered to. There are some basics that are covered in each workshop:
- Why do we feel anxious?
- Spotting early warning signs
- Common mind traps
- Physical responses to anxiety
- Practical tips and techniques for when you are having an anxious response
- What to do after an episode of anxiety
- Examples of what other people have done that has worked
Other areas that are specific to your organisation can be discussed and included as needed.
What will participants gain?
- An increased understanding of why we feel anxious
- An awareness of their own anxious responses and practical steps to manage these
- An introduction to resources that are there to support them (handouts are provided with details of several different means of support)
- An appreciation that what we are experiencing in these challenging times is a normal human response
To discuss how an anxiety workshop can benefit your staff teams and organisation please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07776 128474